Mount Vernon Real Estate
Mount Vernon, Washington is the county seat of Skagit County, with a healthy population of over 30,000 people. Popular and beautiful all year long, there are many activities and events happening in this community during all seasons. Whether you’re taking advantage of one the great hiking and biking trails or enjoying the fishing and other activities along the shores of the Skagit River, Mount Vernon has something to keep you busy.
Seasonal Mount Vernon
- Skagit Wine and Beer Festival: Sample local wines and beers and sample local fancy dishes, cheese and other gourmet fare
- Skagit Valley Festival of Farms: Get ready for autumn with fresh berries, pumpkins and other Skagit Valley produce while enjoying some of the last warm days of the season!
- Skagit River Salmon Festival: Educate yourself and your family on the life cycle of native salmon varieties and the historical and cultural value of this Native American staple while discovering the live musical stylings of local bands
- Tree Lighting Ceremony and Christmas Parade: Like many communities in Skagit County, Mount Vernon hosts a highly-anticipated Christmas parade and tree lighting, complete with an appearance from Santa
- Skagit Eagle Festival: Among with other amazing wildlife tours and events, the Skagit Eagle Festival a great opportunity to learn about and experience eagles and other animals in the wild while capturing some fantastic photo opportunities
- First Thursday Art Walk: Take in some local art and find your favorite place to grab a bite and a drink every first Thursday of the month
- Skagit River Shakespeare Festival: Held every weekend in July and August, the Skagit River Shakespeare Festival features live performances by local and traveling actors of some of Shakespeare’s most famous works
- Skagit County Fair: Full of rides, common (and not-so-common) animals, games, food and performances, this county fair is the feature event for most Mount Vernon residents
Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
Springtime in Mount Vernon means tulips, and tulips mean the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Millions of tulips are grown in the area each year and each year the community gets together in a fabulous celebration of epic proportion. The event is renowned statewide and nationally, and as a focal point of local life for over 30 years, it is certainly worth experiencing.
If you’re in the market to buy or sell a home in or near Mount Vernon, we’re glad you found us! Our local Keller Williams team, led by Dominic Pettruzzelli, is here to help you with the entire process and we’re waiting for your call. Contact us at 360-610-7256 with your questions and to get started today!